From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2013 06:21:00 -0700
>Here the link with cancer and birth defects is is statistically evident
due to the higher doses experienced by people in the area.

I apologize if I gave the impression that I was discounting that certain
pesticides have the potential to cause human health issues.  Please
remember, I've been a practicing organic gardener/orchardist for nearly 35
years.

The reason that I studied the Calif data was that I fully expected that
there would be obvious correlations between pesticide use and human health
issues.  I figured that such data would back up that premise.  I was
surprised that correlations didn't show up at the county scale.

There is clear evidence that exposure to high enough doses to certain
pesticides can cause human health problems--I've looked at the statistics
for farm workers.  That is why my state of California is so careful about
pesticide regulation.

My point is that there the definition of "poison" is all about the dosage.
Living organisms have the capacity to deal with all sorts of potential
toxins.  The question is always, how much is too much?

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA