From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2013 13:55:44 -0400
> Jim is not a big fan of Karl Popper.

No, that's Thomas Kuhn that annoys so many, including me.

Popper was also annoyed with Kuhn's view of "paradigm shifts", with science
dismissed as little more than pop culture.
They went hammer-and-tongs at each other in the collection "Criticism and
the Growth of Knowledge".

Aside from the valuable contributions Popper made to the field of logic,
most guys who work the day shift at the idea factory quickly realize that
Kuhn and Popper had many views on reasoning, logic, and proof versus
refutation, but nothing at all to say about creativity, discovery, or ideas.
To them, the hard part of science was a "given", and they endlessly debated
issues like "induction", focusing on how ideas are received by others,
rather than on how ideas appear.  They were experts on the rules of the
game, but never suited up and played.

But I have no clue as to what the beekeeping context is here, I may have
missed a few posts.

> Like maybe waving a red flag in front of a bull.

Well, at least I was not called a steer.
If I had, I would have been udderly cowed.