Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2013 08:22:55 -0600
> This sort facetious exaggeration does not help the discussion.

In fact, the comment, facetious or not, does highlight generalizations
that have been made here deprecating lab studies,

I was not addressing any one person. I was addressing some words I read
on the list in the context of recent discussion which I have read over
and considered carefully.

I deliberately avoid addressing individuals and personalities and
instead try to address the topic and the list.  BEE-L is an open
discussion; directing comments towards any one person tends to reduce
inclusiveness and also encourage conflict.

When members consider themselves to be personalities or are treated as
such, and not just part of the flow, the list suffers.

I request that writers not address me by name unless necessary for
context.  Rather, please address the list.

If anyone wishes to address me personally and people do, my personal
email address is public.

> Allen, please feel free to skip the gratuitous sarcasm.

Any sarcasm that any particular reader may have read into my post was
not gratuitous in the view of many BEE-L readers.

Several writers here have been discounting serious topics that affect
beekeeping and beekeepers and using any pretext to dismiss studies which
do not fit their view of the world to suppress or divert discussion.

Serious and studious rebuttals of these dismissals -- and I have seen a
number go by -- seem to be ignored by the detractors.

There has been a suggestion that this list is about fact and not
opinion, and in a perfect world it would be. In this one, though, BEE-L
is far from that ideal, and it disturbs me when people confuse their
opinions with fact.

I realise that many of us are overworked and spread too thin and
influenced by events in our personal lives but sometimes we need to step
back and read what we have written and judge our own output.

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!