Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:56:43 -0400
> "Forget the sub-lethal effects especially since we know the lethal effects
> of varroa, nosema and virus."
>
> But...there is a problem with this conclusion.  When there are sub-lethal
> effects present, additional problems are magnified.   You can't just
> "forget" sub-lethal and think that dealing with varroa, nosema, and virus
> will be enough.  It's like dealing with a "sickly" child (one that is
> perhaps malnourished, or has some other fundamental physiological weakness).

The point was that there were sub-lethal effects by pesticides before
Varroa and bees seemed to do well. Dave can comment on that, since they did
not always do well.

Along came Varroa, nosema cerana and virus and things got worse, but from
sub-lethal effects or Varroa, nosema and virus?

It seems that if you control them then you do well, but if you do not you
do not do well.

More about this in another post.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine