Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2013 19:30:31 -0400
7bit
From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Some have tried to compare the U.K neonic issue to the U.S.

Important differences. Pointed out many times on BEE-L.

As I am writing the post Scott Pelly (CBS evening news and claimed as the most watched) showed a picture
of a beekeeper & hives and said an upcoming news presentation was in the works on "What is killing our Bees"? will be aired next week.
First I have heard of CBS looking at the current dieoff?
Others?

Yesterday I had a phone conversation with a beekeeper with problems. He said his problems were with hives in ag areas (he did not go to almonds and moved in after corn planting for clover honey).

I told the beekeeper I honestly could not say the neonics were the source of his problems but I would start avoiding row crops with systemics.

As I said before the die off cause can be debated but beekeepers standing by thousands of deadouts is real.
500 double hives dead is a thousand deeps to work.

Commercial beekeepers with serious losses say their help is not able to work long days because of the honey/syrup weight in deadouts. many hives simply empty of bees. No bees on bottom boards.

bob