From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:23:49 -0500
Hello Allen & All,
I really have used only a few sample boxes so really have no opinion.
The dadant boxes worked Ok but turned yellow as I did not paint. I sat out
in a corner of the yard and put a swarm I took from a barn wall. I gave away
to a hobby beekeeper.
The Shamrock boxes I had an issue with the lids, the way my wooden supers
fit and I had to use his bottoms as would not fit migratory pallets. We sat
on four ways with the plastic bottom boards.
I guess the boxes worked Ok but were out of place in our operation. My help
complained .
I quit using and in shed. Never used the shamrock supers (which locked in
place with the plastic equipment but would not sit on wooden supers).
Really a hobby beekeeper should test those as I would never buy for my
operation.
I am slowly getting out of business and industry standard equipment is easy
to sell.

bob