From:
Robert Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1993 09:15:57 +1000
Hi Everyone,

        I am Robert Rice and am a PhD student working at the
CSIRO Division of Entomology in Canberra, Australia. My research
topic is the molecular taxonomy of Nosema apis. Actually I am
trying to determine if there are virulent and avirulent strains
of Nosema apis and if so, to identify markers for these strains.
This interest in Nosema was acquired after a number of years trying
to control the parasite in mating colonies while Queen Bee breeding
/rearing in Beaudesert, Queensland,Australia.

        This project, being molecular in nature, requires
comparitive DNA sequence studies of unrelated Nosema apis isolates
from geographically isolated areas. Is there anyone able to provide
Nosema apis spores or DNA too assist in this research project and
in doing so provide a wider sample size.

Thankyou in advance,

Robert Rice
CSIRO Division of Entomology
Clunies-Ross Street,