From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2012 07:30:50 -0500
>I had a phone call from a northern NSW beekeeper the other night and he
>thinks somebody with a grudge went around and fly sprayed the hives.

>Must be a beekeeper as he/she knew where they were.

If sprayed the person wanted the beekeeper to know his hives had been
sprayed.

Tainted honey or syrup was used in Texas. The beekeeper arrived in
the yard and saw all the dead bees and followed the flying bees to the pans
of tainted honey. The beekeeper killing the bees said he did not think the
bees would be able to fly back.

The story (in archives) as told to me was a commercial beekeeper from
Nebraska dropped a thousand hives on a holding yard very very close to
another
commercial beekeepers honey house extracting honey and left the state. The
out of state did
not realize and the Texas beekeeper could not find information on the owner
of the hives.

These guys actually are friends now.

bob