Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 01:19:50 -0400
>The sort of drenching used on packages is far more saturating than  that
>used when drenching established colonies on combs with 1/2 cup (250ml)  of
>syrup.

The bees on comb have a place to put the syrup.  Packages do not, and
sometimes begin building comb.

In the wisdom of the Hive, Seeley refers to stomach contents of 40 mg and
stomach weights of up to 60 mg having been observed.
http://tinyurl.com/7z7yuxj

Assuming 7,000 bees in a package, then the maximum stomach capacity could
be inferred to be 7,000 x 60 mg or 420 g, if I figured this right.

420 g is a little less than a pound and much less than a cup of syrup.

Something to think about.