From:
Lennard Pisa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:01:45 +0000
L.S.,

The demand for queens is high and some clients want a queen in a cage without the mating nuc.

I have been looking for a good "protocol" on the internet to requeen these mating nucs but with no success.

Does anyone requeen their mating nucs and are you willing to share how you do it?

If I can't find a good protocol I'll try the following:

1) remove laying queen
2) after 3-4 days remove emergency cells and introduce virgin in a cage.

I rather use queens than ripe cells. My doubts concern the removal of emergency cells and the cage...I plan 3-4 days to generate some feeling of queenlessness but that might be too short or not necessary. And maybe the cage isn't necessary either and dipping the queen in some honey solution helps to prevent aggression?

all the best,
Lennard