From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2011 17:48:08 -0800
Rob,
That was when we shook down to 4.9mm foundation from first regression (had a contract with USDA for technical exchange of information fwiw) as our bees where living okay with both mites, but secondary diseases we wanted more control on, so wouldnt have to be requeening too often. and stats posted in American Bee Journal showed both trachael mites and varroa mites no problem, and at same time in less then 6 months no further problem with secondary diseases also besides the tiks, and have gone forward ever since. And this was in American Bee Journal Dec97  pages 837-838 and USDA never came back to test for for stats for tick counts......

Dee A. Lusby