From:
Doug Ladd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:30:20 -0500
Thanks for everyones thoughts and suggestions. I had thought about
scraping the ground, but grass etc will just come back sometimes worse
since you disturbed the ground. I am no fan of hubicides or any
"cides" but have been fighting grass growing through pallets all
spring, getting stuck between hive bodies, and of course helps snakes
and spider hang out where I work.

I have been weedeating using steel blades which lays the grass over
instead of throwing it like string does, but I can only get "so" close
with the blade. I rent so I have keep things looking nice as well.
Having 100 hives between my house and the land lord's house along the
driveway, I must use decent looking setups. This is why I was
researching localized spray methods. I also dont have a loader so
scraping a field and disposing of the dirt is not an option.

I know its a touchy subject...

Thanks.