Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2010 22:59:25 -0600
I should clarify that when I mention syrup in the previous post, I am
meaning HFCS and when I mean sucrose syrup, I say sucrose.  The mention of
there being various processes, suppliers and specs refers to HFCS, not
sucrose. (AFAIK)

AFAIK, sucrose syrup is sucrose syrup, and all the same regardless of
source, although that is an interesting question.  There are various grades
of table sugar in different countries.  Mexican table sugar, for example is
tan in colour.

Years ago, some US and Canadian beekeepers claimed a difference between beet
and cane sugar and some said one or the other was superior.  Now, AFAIK the
main market for sucrose syrup is the beverage market and all meets the same
specs.

Anyone????

And the attribution is not clear on the following paragraph.  I should make
it clear that the words are mine, not Rob's: