From:
Doug Tompsett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2010 09:30:44 -0400
Does anyone here have any insight into shipping queens from the US into Canada?  I want to place a smallish order (4-5 queens) from a smaller supplier in the US, but he's never done shipments to Canada.

If I understand correctly, I need to fill out:

"Application to Import Honey Bees into Ontario"

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/food/inspection/bees/importbees.pdf

and

" Application for Permit to Import Animals" from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency + $35 fee??

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/for/pdf/c5083perimpe.pdf

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/for/pdf/c5083laave.pdf

How exactly does one determine where they will be entering the country?  (Port of entry?)  Being in Northern Ontario, they could cross in Southern Ontario, or at Sault St. Marie.

Thanks,

Doug.