Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2009 17:11:52 -0500
7bit
From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Hello Randy & All,

For the sake of discussion;

> For one, occurs in areas with no pesticide use.

This is an old tune. Plenty of pesticide use in the area of the Lance
Sundberg and Dave Hackenberg CCD but of course there are I am sure areas in
which CCD was claimed  in which no documented pesticide use occurs. I like
to stick to the cases for which CCD was named.

After all those promoting CCD claim its a worldwide issue.

  And occurs at times of year
> when no pesticide use.

I would not bet the farm on this hypothesis. Especially in California (had
the most reported CCD) and in Florida ( a high number of cases).

 Western CCD is more of a progression, not an
> overnight occurrence.

Nobody said "overnight". The facts are a load of Lance Sundberg hives was
shipped into a holding yard in California  and unloaded. later (not sure of
the time period but would guess no longer than two weeks) most of almost 500
hives were crashing and the CCd working group checked and said CCD.

Again with the Dave Hackenberg hives the hives were trucked to a Florida
holding yard and when checked ( within two weeks if I remember what Dave
told me personally) the hives were crashing and the CCD group said was CCD.

Both Lance & Dave said the hives were boiling with bees before shipment.
These two commercial beekeepers were the poster boys for CCD. I spoke with
both directly and attended meeting in which BOTH retold their stories.

 Spreads across a yard after sick colonies moved
> near--not at all like pesticide.

What spreads across a yard when moved near? KBV or nosema ceranae ? IAPV?

Or the big unknown which crept into U.S. beekeeping making bees disappear
and left after a couple years not leaving a trace. *if* CCD spreads like
your hypothesis would it not be still spreading?

Lets see we have CCD and disappearing disease. Maybe we should call the
problem "Disappearing CCD"

I don't expect answers to the above Randy. Only trying to make a few beeks
think about what we are being told about the infamous CCD.

Thanks for the post!

Ever heard of a former California commercial beekeeper named Doug Schroeder?
Said he ran around 400 hives in California. He moved into my area and is
setting up a hive woodenware making business.

bob