From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 02:34:21 +0200
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/20/2630248.htm

Cabonne Shire councillors are taking a first-hand look at the proposed site
for a honey processing plant this morning, which has generated controversy
among local farmers and orchadists.

A development application (DA) has been submitted to open the facility near
Orange, which will include honey and pollen production and observation
hives.

Some neighbouring landholders raised concerns about what they claim was a
lack of information in the DA.

The shire council decided to hold a site inspection as part of its decision
making process before voting on the plans at today's meeting.

Council general manager Graeme Fleming says the inspection will give
councillors a thorough understanding of what the business involves.

"That's one of the things that our council does do well," he said.

"We take the time to look at sites and we've found in the past that an
actual on-site inspection can certainly clear a lot of issues up, gives
council a much better picture of what the actual application is and
certainly all of the issues, you can examine those and they can be addressed
and discussed with the applicant.

They'll actually be looking at the shed that's proposed to be utilised for
the processing plant, there's issues about the proximity to neighbouring
properties and also issues concerning access onto Cargo Road. So they're
some of the issues that council wants to look at first-hand."

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.