Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:49:25 -0500
7bit
From:
"There's very little chemical difference between these two sweeteners, and
> there's no reason to be
> more afraid of high-fructose corn syrup than regular table sweetener," said
> David Schardt, the
> center's senior nutritionist.

There is a big difference chemically since cane sugar is sucrose and HFCS is
a mix. The argument that they are not different comes from the split of
sucrose into glucose and fructose by the body.

There are studies out there that show that HFCS is not the best way for the
body to take in sugar as it handles fructose and glucose differently when
they come in already split.

If Bob rails against Bayer, I might as well do the same with big corn.
Personally, I have seen too many good studies that indict HFCS in our diet.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine