From:
Ari Seppälä <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:41:33 +0200
> second  hygiene - we use soda wash to clean gloves and hive tool after
> each
> hive,  and discard the disposable gloves after each  apiary.

This might help something but in real life it is very, very  close to 0. It
is more just a show off and gives wrong message to beekeepers. If the
beekeeper changes just one frame from hive to another or put an extracted
frame from other hive they risk their hive health much more than what they
do by not washing the glowes. Deseases ( AFB;EFB ) travel mostly with honey,
how much honey is going with glowes from a hive to an other ?

With ectracted frame can easily go 50 g.

Havent' seen any studies about spreading diseases by hive tool or by gloves.
Has someone else seen ?

Ari Seppälä
Finland