From:
Alf Bashore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2009 12:21:45 -0500
Hello,

Yes, books are great! I have bought and read many dozens. Other
beekeepers in my club have told outsiders, that I am very knowledgeable
about bees. Well, maybe, but reading certainly has considerably helped,
as has reading the many interesting informative clashing or harmonious
posts on this list.

If you don't mind my respectful submission, I would like to suggest that
beekeepers, experienced or newbees, please patronize your book orders
thru established bee supply companies or even through your Local
Independent bookseller, rather than the giant corporations. I do.

As a comparison to honey, if you have a fine local or regional product,
would you want it blended with unknown sources of foreign honey to be
sold at cheap rates in the giant corporate stores? I try to buy all my
foods locally and in season. Though books are not local, local or
regional purchases makes much more economic sense to me.

Respectfully,
Alf Bashore
Danville, PA