From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2008 07:46:40 -0700
> I gave up on the Wiki page months ago.  It started out sort of right,
> then kept getting edited, and with each edit the story became increasingly
> wrong.  I tried to correct it a few times, but every time, it just got
> changed back  by others - so I gave up.

I'm presuming were are talking about the pages at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_collapse_disorder?

Thanks to Jim for bringing this up and to Jerry for corroborating his
report.  I must confess that, not having really paid attention, and having
not taken the time to examine that page in detail, I would not have realized
that the reporting there is somewhat slanted, incomplete or inaccurate.

In the past, when visiting Wikipedia, I have noticed that some topics are
labeled prominently as being controversial, with reference to alternate
viewpoints, questionable, incomplete or slanted, so I wonder -- if the real
experts question the information presented -- then why does this page not do
so, and what is the mechanism to impeach the imposter and get recognition
for the real experts who spend their time actually examining beehives and
analyzing the phenomenon?

I also wonder if there is one comprehensive website somewhere that contains
authoritative details, ongoing discussion between CCD researchers, or a
direct rebuttal; of the Wikipedia article.  If not there should be, and such
a page or pages and they should be able to maintain a stable link, at least,
from the Wikipedia pages.

Perhaps participating in the wiki is a waste of time, but putting the same
amount of effort into authoritative pages would not.

allen
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/
---
Health food makes me sick.