Condense Mail Headers

From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:39:29 -0400
Bob said:

> Temik is planted with the tree or side dressed!

Yes, I agree that it would be hard to get granules
of Temik with anything less than a Nerf Gun.  :)

But what about the imidacloprid formulations I
was asking about, Bob?  Aren't there several
choices of imidacloprid sprays for oranges?

And Temik is an Aldicarb, not an imidacloprid.

Now I've never heard you or your consistently
anonymous sources say anything bad about Aldicarb,
but we are all ears.  The good news is that Florida
tightly monitors the use of Temik, so one could
at least cross-check beekeeper complaints with
the list of which orchards use the Aldicarbs at all.

The problem might be that everyone uses the same
stuff at almost the same time.  I know that apple
growers tend to follow the suggestions of the
extension guys.

Funny how the growers are so willing to take hints
and suggestions from their ag extension reps, while
beekeepers keep mixing up their own homebrew miticides
in empty drums and totes when no one is looking, isn't it?