From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:11:29 -0400
Peter L. Borst wrote:
> I have studied consciousness off and on for decades. I decided that
> it's pretty much futile to discuss consciousness in animals when we
> don't even know what consciousness is in people or ourselves.

Agree for the same reasons. One area that is interesting is the parts of the brain. More and more is being
discovered as to what actually happens in different parts as they relate to consciousness.  It may be egocentric
to think we are the only ones who have consciousness, but more and more basic brain science seems to be moving
in that direction. But, we shall see, since tremendous biases exist in this arena and you can extrapolate data
to fit your construct.

It, like genetic science, is not necessarily in a state that is in chaos but is moving from the simple to the
complex. What we thought is not quite what is going on. It just looked that way. That has been the normal
scientific progression since the dawn of time. The more we know, the more complex the universe becomes.

Truth is, if what we know so far about "all that there is" was a jigsaw puzzle, we are only working on the
edges. That, by the way, is a great gift.

Bill Truesdell, President, Maine chapter of the Flat Earth Society
Bath, Maine