From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:13:09 -0500
>Last winter I had > 2/3 winterkill, over 1/2 of that
was clearly ccd.

Dave you are saying winterkill which is different than CCD although could
still be linked.

With winterkill your dead bees would still be in the hive. I think your
hives needed to crash last fall before winter to be considered as CCD. In
spring after a Canada winter determining CCD would be difficult.

 I am looking for a beekeeper which last fall had 8-9 frames of brood and
only a handful of bees left. Also hives which were checked 2 weeks before
and strong and normal. Also the brood showed no signs of PMS and healthy (
How could the brood be considered healthy by the CCD team  definition when
almost all the CCD hives had nosema and many EFB ). The above description
given by the CCD research group is the description of CCD. How close is the
above to what you observed Dave?

bob

--
believed to be clean.