From:
Jerry Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 16:25:16 EDT
I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that the sugar content of the black
locust is not to their liking or
much less attractive or harder to work than the nectar bloom they were
working just previous.  Also, maybe something else is blooming at same  time that
is preferred over black locust but not a heavy flow.  I have a fabulous tulip
poplar bloom in my immediate area nearly every  year (the trees literally drip
tulip poplar nectar in a light wind),  but my bees ignore it in favor of holly
which blooms at roughly the same  time...at least that is what the pollen
analysis and very light color of the  honey indicates.

Jerry Wallace