From:
George Fergusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:33:48 -0400
Peter L. Borst wrote:

> pb  -- Thinking cooperation is an acquired trait

And a recessive one at that. I suggested the same thing here in Maine.
One beekeeper was pondering why his bees weren't producing any honey in
an area that looked quite promising. He speculated that another large
beekeeper probably had hives nearby. When I suggested everyone get
together and discuss their hive placement he looked at me like I was crazy.

I subsequently did, quite by accident, discover a yard of about 50
hives, quite well hidden, less than half a mile from the yard of the
beekeeper I'd been talking to. I'm sure neither beekeeper makes much
honey at those locations. Then again, they both pretty much just park
their hives after blueberry pollination and hope they maintain until
it's time to head south again.

George-
Whitefield, Maine