From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 11:29:17 -0400
On Wed, 2 May 2007 08:48:38 -0400, Eric Brown <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Did I Say Anything About Organic?  I don't think so.
>
>No, you didn't use the word organic, and perhaps it's a good word to
>avoid.  Implicitly and explicitly you talked about success, though.

I wrote about exactly what I wrote about, and chose my words exceeedingly
carefully.

If you choose to use my ideas as a springboard to a different subject and
go on a tangent, then fine and good, but please do not argue with things I
did not say or imply and attribute them to me.  Please go back and read
what I wrote and what you werote and think about it.

> Implicitly and explicitly you talked about success, though.

Of course I did.  Commercial success over time is the gold standard, and
commercial activity is one of the main reasons that honey bees are
tolerated, considered important,and worried about greatly throughout the
US.

There are -- and always have been as far as I can tell -- far too many
romantics, posers and pretenders in beekeeping who like a good story
better than hard truth, do a great job of hoodwinking large followings,
mostly for personal glory as far as I can tell.  The criteria I gave weeds
out most, but not all of that group.

Organic (there I said the word), non-organic, slave to the chemical
industry, or whatever, I don't care.  RML. I asked how many people don't
have to worry about mixing combs from brood to supers, and don't have to
worry about checking regularly for mites or scheduling other important
tasks around mite considerations and treatments.

I know that Dee is in that small, exclusive, group, and respect her
greatly, but am not sure that she qualifies on the other criteria I gave.

She is a good cook, though, and an excellent hostess.  I recommend that
anyone invited take her up on that invitation post haste (Peter?).  I'm
not sure the summer is when you want to be there.

See http://www.honeybeeworld.com/Lusby/ for a glimpse.