From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:25:59 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Harrison" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: [BEE-L] Illegal use of pesticide in bee hives

<It's not about the live longevity of bees.

Perhaps not to you but many of us are concerned. In the U.S. many of us
control nosema for the simple reason the older forager bees life span is cut
by approx. two weeks with serious nosema outbreaks. Bees dying when in prime
of life. Honey production & pollination suffer.

What if the use of acids cut the life span of the forager bees by two weeks?

I am not saying the acids do. Only that many would like to see research.

The buzz these days is about honey bee nutrition. Sound research is out
comparing the different protein supplements to bee pollen. One reason (other
than raising huge amounts of brood) is to get a pollen substitute which will
build the bees immune system like fresh pollen does.

Amino acids build the immune system and one reason why many people take bee
pollen for health.

Pollen contains amino acids but all pollens are not equal
in building the bees immune system.

bob

"what we don't know is so vast it makes what we do know seem absurd"

--
believed to be clean.

--
believed to be clean.