From:
Randy Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2006 02:03:00 -0400
>>>So I and other non-interstate migratory beekeepers should roll over
and let interstate migratory beekeepers do what ever they want ?

Every time we California beekeepers move from our "safe" home yards to
almonds, it's like playing roulette--we never know what new pest or disease
we're going to bring home.  Kinda like going "unprotected" to a sex orgy
with strangers each year!

Due to migratory beekeepers seeing only their own self interest, new pests
move clear across the North American continent from Florida to California in
only a single year!  Even if we know we are eventually going to get
something, does every single beekeeper in the whole country need to become
infested in the second year that a new pest makes an appearance?

Randy Oliver
Calif