From:
Kathleen Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:28:34 -0500
  Aaron Morris wrote:

> Impossible.  The bees will ignore the comb honey frame and concentrate
> on
> the remaining frames.

Hi Aaron and all!

I know that Aaron is talking about Ross rounds.  I run 9 frames in my
honey supers. I have a 4 frame extractor and found that 9 frames is a
pain.  Several years ago I started using a frame with cut comb
foundation in the centre.  I have modified the process over the years
and now insert an empty frame(no foundation) in the centre of each honey
super.  This provides me with all the cut comb honey, with drone sized
cells and no crunchy foundation, that I can sell.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W