From:
Terry Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 20:33:28 -0500
Dan,

Thanks for the info.  I actually got to witness both swarms.  It was the
first that I had seen, a very impressive sight.  I did try to retrieve both
swarms.  They chose to land on tree limbs that were in the 4 to 6 inch
diameter range.  Not the type of limb that you trim to recover a swarm as
suggested in the beekeeping books that I have!!  Tried brushing into a box
and then moving them to a hive.  Must of missed the queen as they both left
the next day.

At this point I'm just wanting to get some comb drawn out in the supers
that I have for next year.  I'm just afraid of the bees running out of room
in the hive and wanting to leave again.  Will the bees some what regulate
their size as fall/winter approaches and not become honey bound?  Would it
be ok to leave the one super on the two deep though winter?
Hoping that they would consume the sugar syrup.  Leaving me with empty comb
ready for next year's flow.

Terry