Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 06:57:34 -0600
7bit
From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Hello All,
 Do american consumers  seriously believe that the specialized honey they
get is from one source  only? (Or is it so?)

In the U.S. the beekeeper can not label *pure* dandelion, clover or canola
but can use the name if he wants.
In certain  instances certain honey can be *almost *pure one source  because
no other plants are blooming at the time but you are correct in saying a
100% pure can not be easily proven and the reason the word *Pure Clover* is
not allowed.   Years ago the testing lab for the honey loan program tested
the pollen grains for a general floral source when samples were submited for
reasons I would rather not say.  Keeping beekeepers honest has been a major
problem for the USDA.
Right now there is a honey on the store shelves called "Cucamonga honey".
I looked up  "Cucamonga honey". I believe the name could read "Pure
Cucamonga Honey" and be legal. I will let one of the California Beekeepers
explain the source for Western Commerce's "Cucamonga Honey".
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Ps. I believe the label reads "Wild Cucamonga Honey". I am leaving town so
will explain. Cucamonga is a location outside of Los Angeles. North of I 10
and west of I 15 and is called Rancho Cucamonga (Cucamonga for short). The
label is a real eye catcher in the stores. Much better than "Pure Los
Angeles Honey". The Chamber of Commerce for Rancho Cucamonga says the city
is part of the Los Angeles complex of suburbs.
I imagine there are those devoted users of "Cucamonga Honey" which believe
the honey comes from the exotic flowers of the Cucamonga tree, bush or
plant.