From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:20:27 -0500
> Granted, this is not a "controlled" study, but enough there to warrant a
> scientific research with further studies on small cell size. Let's start

I need to add to this.

I have talked with the Lusby's about their work and many times they have
pointed out to me that they are beekeepers that work the field and know the
field methodology. They are able to make it work in the field and are more
than happy to show anyone how it's done. They have put forth their own ideas
and reasons as to *why* it works, but it is not up to them to prove it in
the lab. Their simple approach to the lab is, "you tell us why it works."
They shouldn't have to do both. So in our discussion about their ideas,
remember, they have done their part to make it work in the field. It's the
lab side that is weak. They are "pleading" (my word) to have their work
scrutinized and tested by the labs. Ask that Dr. Erickson and his lab would
pick up the research they were doing a few years back on the small cell and
test the Lusby's bees. That would be a start and a quick indication to
whether or not there is really something to the smaller cell that factors
into the Lusby's method.

I forgot to include contact info last time so here it is.

Dr. Eric H. Erickson
email: [log in to unmask]
fax: 520-670-6493
work: 520-670-6380 X104
http://gears.tucson.ars.ag.gov
Carl Hayden Bee Research Center

DADANT & SONS, INC. (main office)
51 South 2nd St.
Hamilton, IL 62341-1399
Ph: 217-847-3324
Toll Free Order: 1-800-637-7468 (7am-4pm CT)
Fax: 217-847-3660 (24 Hr.)
Email: [log in to unmask]
Contact regarding foundation: Jerry Hayes

Regards,
Barry