From:
Richard Yarnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:20:43 -0800
All of these questions should be taken to your pharmacist.  You should
have been given the indications/contra-indications sheet when you first
got your prescriptions.  Although I take warfarin (it's a whole lot
cheaper than patent Coumadin) and have been given no reason not to handle
bees or to have epinephrine on hand, when you begin to take two, three, or
more meds, the combinations can get complex and produce unusual results.
Be sure to have a complete list of your meds, including non prescription
drugs and herbals with you when you buttonhole your pill counter.  Make
sure to speak with a real pharmacist and not a clerk.

You can also find several web-sites which file the particulars on the
drugs you're taking.

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Barricklow, Walt wrote:

> With all the talk of epipens, and shock from stings, this might be a =
> good time to ask about other medicines.
>
> This year I was diagnosed with irregular heart beat, and given several =
> medicines to combat it.  Does anyone have any information on getting =
> stung after taking AMIODARONE (cordarone), COUMADIN, or ATTENOL??? =

Richard Yarnell, SHAMBLES WORKSHOPS | No gimmick we try, no "scientific"
Beavercreek, OR. Makers of fine     | fix we attempt, will save our planet
Wooden Canoes, The Stack(R) urban   | until we reduce the population. Let's
composter, fly tying benches        | leave our kids a decent place to live.