Bob Chen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Anyone have their own favorite "happy" or "get-well" music? I'd be most
>grateful for any recommendations.

Martinu:  Flute Trios, Promenades & Madrigal Sonata.  Martin Feinstein,
Flute; Pauline Lowbury, Violin; Justin Pearson, Cello; Alan Brown, Piano;
Penelope Cave, Harpsichord.  (Time:  54:41) Naxos 8.553459.

'Sunny' and 'cheery' are certainly apt for this collection, though it may
be a little agitated even for one who's convalescing.  Small dosages might
be advised, but make sure your friend is lucid, and actually interested in
hearing, or in being cheered up; qua cheery, this is rather busy music.

We music lovers should be sympathetic to those who aren't eager --
especially sick ones, who might with good reason prefer the atmosphere
left void.  Against the stream of your request, do consider if silence
may be best.

Bert B, Ottawa