Dear Lactnetters,

This is not *strictly* a bf question so I hope I'm not in trouble here, but I
need to ask it anyway of people I know will be supportive.  My 2 1/2 year old
has been diagnosed with decalcification of his teeth - all of them.  This
means the enamel is either very thin or non existent in some places as I
understand it.  This was apparently caused by a high fever when he was very
young - he was very sick at 3 months.  I am seeing a pediactric dentist whom
I have not informed that I am *still* bf.  I am afraid he will tell me I am
contributing to the decay problem with several night time nursings.  I would
like your opinions please.
We are facing quite an ordeal with sedation and strapping down to a papoose
board and nitrous oxide for my son and I am scared to death about the
traumatic effect.  I certainly don.t want to make things worse by continuing
the decay, but I'm not ready to give up nursing, even at night without a
fight.
I am hoping the dentist who was on the list at some point is lurking and will
put in his .02.  Help.

Thanks,

Lisa

Thanks Jane for you personal reply.