Not sure if I speak for most other lurkers but this latest discussion just underlines why Bee-L is so valuable. Most of us probably don't have the education/experience/intellect to participate in detailed debate but we are able to follow and learn. The difference on opinions expressed here give us insight into important issues - information that is difficult to pick up elsewhere.  I am glad the inter-personal issues did not go "off-line" and that we have seen how (dare I say it) rational people work out their differences. Email is a blunt instrument - it is too easy to read animosity and rudeness where none was intended.  I feel quite reassured and look forward to further bouts of contrasting views.