Bill wrote: "I would personally conclude that there is something
happening not only to our
bees but also to other insects.  If this is indeed a major problem,
then if we
can find out what is happening and fix it, it would be a big help not
only to
the honey bees but also to the many other pollinating insects."

 From my observations of a bus windscreen on which I was a passenger
through northern France and eastern England: where there are lots of
small fields, orchards, hedges, cattle, gardens etc there are lots of
insects. Where there are vast monocultural areas there are very few
insects.

Chris