I've closely followed the recent thread regarding "Breastfeeding in Combat Boots," and one question keeps coming to mind. Given the warranted emphasis on correct term use, at what point is a mother considered to be "breastmilk feeding," rather than "breastfeeding?" If only one nursing session a day is replaced with expressed milk, is the mother no longer considered to be breastfeeding? Does it take two sessions? Three? What if baby is reverse-cycling? In my reading, I frequently come across the terms "exclusively breastfeeding," which does not, to my knowledge, make a clear distinction in what percentage of feedings are given at the breast, and "exclusively pumping," which does. Please don't mistake my post for anything other than a very genuine desire for information- I'm still very new to lactation support, and strive to be precise in my use of language.

- Emily in FL