Dear all,

Many thanks for the feedback so far on the newsletter. Building on
Toby's proposal, we'd like to propose a slightly different variation:

(1)     We open up the newsletter committee membership to about five
volunteers, aiming to be as flexible and open as possible. (If its six
or seven, that's fine too.) In our experience from the CoSPs there are
usually only that number of people who will be really active.

(2)     If there are more than, say, eight volunteers, we make a list
and send it to the Coordination Committee for decision.

It would be very interesting to hear views of other members of this
working group on this proposal.

Please note that we will have to produce the first newsletter, possibly
the first two, without the Coordination Committee being in place.

It would also be very interesting to hear whether the group feels that
we should keep the newsletter name "Monitor" that we have used in the
past.

Late today or tomorrow morning, Phoebe will send the package to the
whole Coalition-if we could hear from you before that, she could take
account of any further advice.

Best,

Gillian

---