As I think about your question, Dan, I think the suggestion of waiting until 6/7 frames are filled was designed specifically for drawing out foundation.  To further this suggestion, it's my opinion to slide the new super of undrawn foundtion under the existing super, something we call, "bottom supering."

With drawn comb, I think it's less of a concern of waiting until 6/7 are filled.  Just keep giving them ample space/frames to draw out and store incoming nectar.

Grant
Jackson, MO