Dave Wolf wrote:

>I can't help wondering if these aliens might try to decipher Bach's
>music as language and dismiss human speech as too monotonous to contain
>information?  And what message they might decide the music contains.

This is interesting.  Why should they regard human language as more
"monotonous" than music?  That would be a very romantic race of aliens,
indeed.  According to that premise, the sound of a modem connecting at
56 kbps would be totally unmeaningful to these gentlemen.  If it's so,
the question then becomes: how did they come upon the Voyager, unless
it stroke some alien's head?

Pablo Massa