Christopher Webber wrote:

>This suggests two things to me.  One, we should lobby to get these
>Japanese composers over to Hollywood in place of the sub-sub-Waltonic
>merchants ruling the current roost.

Good luck with that.  Unfortunately, they'd still end up working for the
kind of people who threw out a year of work by Gabriel Yared in favour
of a fortnight's work by James Horner (for the movie 'Troy'), or who
replaced a Jerry Goldsmith score with pop music by Tangerine Dream (for
the movie 'Legend').

Whenever the people in charge have tin ears, or think that a score is
no more than some last-minute emotional veneer to cover the gaps between
dialogue and explosions, the talent of the composers won't shine through.

Frank Wales [[log in to unmask]]