Roger Hecht ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Dectective novelist Jonathan Valin did a great pas de deux on compulsive
>record collectors in The Music Lovers.  At least for the first 1/3.
>AFter that it becomes a standard, albeit quite decent mystery.  Just
>about every character's name is a composer.

I don't recall this last fact, but I do remember it being a reasonably
good read.

But, if you want a great novel, that is also a mystery and has a classical
involvement, then I strongly recommend On Beulah Height by Reginald Hill.

A key aspect of the novel is a young singer and her recording of
Mahler's Kindertotenlieder, rendered into English.

Deryk Barker