<Retained placenta was a consideration but is it unlikely with a
C-section?>

Don't bet on it. We have seen 3 cases in our WIC office of retained
placental fragment despite a CS. It only takes a tiny amount. Drs. do
their best, but in my recollection, the inside of an incised uterus did
not seem like an easy thing to visualize.

Jean,