From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2002 1:24 PM
Subject: Road Map Information

Dave Phillips of SWCA in Albuquerque recently wrote a newsletter article in the NewsMAC 2002 (1).  He describes the search for historic road maps and their value in history and archaeology.  He identifies a website which is an incredible source of information for those needing information on early road development across the US and Canada (and internationally) and discerning some of the mysteries of road maps, including finding dates from codes on the maps.  The site also has a link to a recent exhibition about road maps at the University of Southern Maine which provides great background information on the subject.

Website:  www.roadmaps.org

Mike Polk
Sagebrush Consultants, L.L.C.
Ogden, Utah