I don't know why it would take 2 weeks to get a reply on a test.  A couple of
years ago we had a couple whose first child had galacosemia.  With the next
pregnancy, the father obtained a blood sample  right after birth and flew up
to Atlanta the same day.  They had results in a very short period of time. I
think it was within 24 hours.
Sincerely,
Linda Goldberg RN,  CCE, IBCLC (happy that I passed)
Winter Springs, FL