I am currently working on a nail assemblage from 1800-1930 from mid-state New Hampshire.  I may have some shoe nails in the assemblage, however, I am unsure how to identify them as opposed to furniture tacks.

I also have two cut copper nails, manufacture marks indicate they are pre-1850.  For these, I am looking for ideas about what their use may have been.  I think they may be for slate roofing, but their heads seem too small for that purpose.

I appreciate any help with these questions.
I can be reached at [log in to unmask] or at [log in to unmask]

Thanks
Wayna Roach, Project Archaeologist
IAC

Additional:  On another tangent, I am also looking for information concerning a 1907 coin from another site with the words "United States of America" on the back, and on the front the words "Ten Centavos" and "Filipinas" .  I am hoping to look up the coin but can find no record of US coins minted for the Philippines.