Janos Gereben ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>No longer living on the right (meaning Left) coast, but rather in NYC, the
>formidable and revered Marni Nixon dropped out of sight, at least of mine,
>alas.

I interviewed her once in about 1968.  There was a time even before that
when she was the super-dependable freelance singer in the L.A. area.  I
still have a wonderful lp album of her singing Ives songs, complete with
her hand-written notes on the back!

She was a great sight-reader, and among her earlier ventures she is to be
found on Robert Craft's 4-record set of Webern.  I still have that too!

Bill S