I have also thought about how to phrase this idea.  Sometimes, breastfeeding
is so simple it's hard!  I say: "for your breasts to fill with milk, they
must first be emptied".  I also use the phrase "milk transfer". I fear that
many of the mothers I'm talking to don't understand anything too technical
or jargon ridden: they haven't been nursing long enough to have much
vocabulary.  "You have to be empty to get full" is pretty simple, isn't it?
Kate Sharp
LC in NYC