I just wanted to pass along MY personal favorite advantage of breastfeeding
that I always share with moms:

Breastfeeding ALLOWS you to be possessive of your new baby!!! That is, when
the M-I-L is holding the crying baby and bouncing her up & down to get her to
stop crying (when you KNOW she wants to be rocked side to side) you just say,
"Oh, I guess she needs to be fed" and you get to take the baby back!!!! I got
no arguments from my M-I-L  on that one!!!

Kathy in NJ IBCLC RN C (Maternal-infant), APN C (Family Nurse Practitioner)
PhD student hoping to study labor and lactation issues
(my 11 year old taught me how to make signatures!!! She is so smart with the
computer--taught me PowerPoint last year when I had a presentation to do in
class -- must have been 'cause she was breastfed for 22+ months, hmmmm???)